Full-Coverage Car Insurance For Dents And Scratches
Noticing scratches and dents on your beloved car is certainly annoying and unpleasant. Although the problem may be just a cosmetic one, it is not easy to remain calm. Usually, we would look to fix the problem as soon as possible. If the problem is something mainly cosmetic, then it’s highly likely you can get it fixed through a full coverage insurance plan. Find out how to cover dents and scratches and get online auto quotes for free.
You should know that car scratches are not all handled the same when it comes to car insurance. There are many factors to consider when making a claim. The actual cause of the damage makes a huge difference when it comes to whether your car insurance carrier is going accept your claim and give money to repair the damages. Scratches caused by different factors are covered by different types of coverage and if you do not have a certain type of coverage, then you will not get reimbursements.
If you have a scratch caused by non-collision related factor, you need comprehensive coverage listed on the damaged vehicle in order for your insurance company to pay for repairing the damage. The following scenarios fall in comprehensive’s coverage competence:
- Your car was keyed in an act of vandalism. You will need a police report for that.
- Trees fell on your vehicle. Or if you are unlucky enough, a meteorite hits your car.
- An object pushed by the wind collides with your car.
Collision coverage provides coverage for the following scenarios:
- Barely scraping by an object, such as a mailbox or pole
- Car door hitting your car in a parking lot
- Sideswiping another vehicle
- Scraping tree branches while driving
Just like comprehensive coverage, you must pay first a deductible before the policy kicks in.
Visit us for more info and free quotes. Read more!